I love the seasons, especially the change of seasons. And that’s a good thing because in the land of Oz we have our own brand of March Madness.
This was what it was like last weekend (mid-March):
Boy, I was ready!
Then last night . . .
Now I’ve got the madness . . .
You don’t have to have a foot of snow to suffer the madness. It can happen to anyone, so you may want to pay attention to . . . .
The Top Ten Signs of Cabin Fever
10. You get up at six in the morning to shovel snow just so the dog can go outside.
9. You turn on every light in the house and it isn’t enough.
8. You wish you were born a bear so you could hibernate all winter.
7. You realize the only television shows you’ve watched for the past month have had the word beach in the title.
6. You mistake your dog for a miniature abominable snowman.
5. You fantasize about all the ways you can roast hot dogs and marshmallows.
4. You look in the mirror and are blinded by your pale skin.
3. You read Dante’s Inferno just to get warm.
2. You realize your wardrobe makes you look ten pounds heavier because it weighs ten pounds.
1. You laugh hysterically at nothing and everything.
I don’t think I have cabin fever because I’ve still been getting out of the house and doing things. But, I felt that soupy stomach feeling that comes before getting sick, so I decided to take it easy. That’s when I realized that I am kind of obsessed with the idea of traveling to Europe, particularly Paris. Funny that it took about 10 episodes of House Hunters International to realize it. Now I want to go find a big picture of Paris to put on my wall for inspiration and motivation. Does that count as March Madness? I find that I’m usually obsessed with something, no matter the month or season. 🙂
Sure, that can count as March Madness. If your obsession changes next month, maybe it’ll be April Amusements. 🙂
And then there is Jimmy Buffett’s line. ‘just shot six holes in my freezer, I think I’ve got cabin fever.’ 😀
Wonderful line, Kassandra. Glad Jimmy’s not at my house right now. I’d have to replace my freezer! Love it.
I know what you mean about turning on all the lights—add in pressing the up button on the thermostat. I’m looking forward to warm, sunny days! 🙂
Oh, yes, I want some of those warm sunny days as well. Thanks for stopping by, Coleen.
I hope you get some warmth soon! (I won’t mention that I’ll be planting spring veggies this weekend….)
Thanks, Diana. Today is a lovely spring day. Unfortunately the weathermen here are reporting rain with a chance of snow tomorrow! (So glad you didn’t mention that you’re planting spring veggies this weekend, that way I don’t have to be jealous. 🙂 )
I think you may have something on David Letterman, Lynette! I love your top ten list! Oh boy, you really got hit this week with the weather. I love the pics thought. But I don’t have to live in it. I hope spring is sprung soon for your sake. I see crocus, tulips and daffodils in your future! 🙂
Hi Karen! You think I could compete with David Letterman? Cool. This is definitely atypical weather for the land of OZ. It’s been trying to be Spring yesterday and today, but we’ll drop back to near freezing tomorrow with possible snow showers. 🙁 My poor Roses keep trying to bring out new leaves only to get them frozen off. (Hmmm, that wasn’t meant to be a double entendre). Thanks dear friend. I sure hope the spring flowers come soon. I have spring fever, bad!